Contract Type: Freelancer, Self-employed
We are looking for experienced Study Skills Tutors: ASC to join our education team on a freelance basis. This is a highly rewarding opportunity, giving students the support they need to reach their full potential and making a meaningful difference to their lives.
To provide Study Skills Support to Students with Specific Learning Difficulties (SpLD)
Mandatory Professional Body Membership required
Please use this link to access the NMH Mandatory Criteria for this role:
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• To support the student on a one-to-one basis, identifying their individual needs and strengths in order to support them in developing Study Skills and Independent Learning.
• To deliver personalised sessions in line with the students’ Needs Assessment Report (NAR).
• To support the student in individual learning styles using Study Skills that enhance their ability to achieve academic goals.
• To support the student in their:
Organisation and time management
Reading, writing and spelling
Planning, structuring and composition
Note-taking, presentation and proof-reading skills
• To support the student in becoming familiar with extra support and advice available through the University.
• To support the student in building up their confidence, social, communication skills as well as provide substantial support in their work-life balance.
• To represent Clarion in a professional manner, this includes adhering to our policies regarding confidentiality, safeguarding, and maintaining professional boundaries.
• To work closely with the Education Team regarding the needs of individual students, ensuring that any concerns are addressed in a timely manner.
• To communicate effectively with the Education team regarding the student’s attendance.
• To complete Individual Learning Plans documenting the student’s progress and goals. This to be reviewed on a termly basis.
• To monitor the number of sessions delivered to ensure support is kept within the allocated DSA allowance.
• To keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date ensuring that they are in line with practices of a Professional Body membership.
• Add to your Continual Professional Development on a yearly basis.