Contract Type: Freelancer, Self-employed
We are looking for experienced Study Skills Tutors: ASC to join our education team on a freelance basis. This is a highly rewarding opportunity, giving students the support they need to reach their full potential and making a meaningful difference to their lives.
To provide Study Skills Support to Students with Autism including Aspersers.
Please use this link to access the NMH Mandatory Criteria for this role: https://www.practitioners.slc.co.uk/media/1762/ssin-0919-dsa-mandatory_qualifications_and_professional_body_membership_requirements.pdf
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• To support the student on a one-to-one basis, identifying their individual needs and strengths in order to support them in developing Study Skills and Independent Learning.
• To deliver personalised sessions in line with the students’ Needs Assessment Report (NAR).
• To support the student in individual learning styles using Study Skills that enhance their ability to achieve academic goals.
• To support the student in their:
Organisation and time management
Reading, writing and spelling
Planning, structuring and composition
Note-taking, presentation and proof-reading skills
• To support the student in becoming familiar with extra support and advice available through the University.
• To support the student in building up their confidence, social, communication skills as well as provide substantial support in their work-life balance.
• To represent Clarion in a professional manner, this includes adhering to our policies regarding confidentiality, safeguarding, and maintaining professional boundaries.
• To work closely with the Education Team regarding the needs of individual students, ensuring that any concerns are addressed in a timely manner.
• To communicate effectively with the Education team regarding the student’s attendance.
• To complete Individual Learning Plans documenting the student’s progress and goals. This to be reviewed on a termly basis.
• To monitor the number of sessions delivered to ensure support is kept within the allocated DSA allowance.
• To keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date ensuring that they are in line with practices of a Professional Body membership.
• Add to your Continual Professional Development on a yearly basis.