Contract Type: Freelancer, Self-employed
We are looking for experienced Specialist Mentors: ASC to join our education team on a freelance basis. This is a highly rewarding opportunity, giving students the support they need to reach their full potential and making a meaningful difference to their lives.
To provide mentoring support to students who have Autism Spectrum Condition including Asperger Syndrome.
Please use this link to access the NMH Mandatory Criteria for this role: https://www.practitioners.slc.co.uk/media/1762/ssin-0919-dsa-mandatory_qualifications_and_professional_body_membership_requirements.pdf
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• To support students on a one-to-one basis, identifying their individual needs and developing strategies to help them cope with the barriers created by their Autism.
• To deliver personalised sessions in line with the students’ Needs Assessment Report (NAR).
• To support students in building strategies to help them with independent learning and achieving academic goals.
• To support the student in reducing and managing their Autism in relation to their time at University as well as introduce life-long techniques and strategies for future situations.
• To support the student in becoming familiar with extra support and advice available through the University.
• To support the student in building up their confidence.
• To support the student in their social and communication skills.
• To support the student in their work-life balance.
• To represent Clarion in a professional manner, this includes adhering to our policies regarding confidentiality, safeguarding, and maintaining professional boundaries.
• To work closely with the Education Team regarding the needs of individual students, ensuring that any concerns are addressed in a timely manner.
• To communicate effectively with the Education team regarding the student’s attendance.
• To complete Individual Learning Plans documenting the student’s progress and goals. This to be reviewed on a termly basis.
• To monitor the number of sessions delivered to ensure support is kept within the allocated DSA allowance.
• To keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date ensuring that they are in line with practices of a Professional Body membership.
• Add to your Continual Professional Development on a yearly basis.