Contract Type: Freelancer, Self-employed
We are looking for experienced Mobility Trainers to join our education team on a freelance basis. This is a highly rewarding opportunity, giving students the support they need to reach their full potential and making a meaningful difference to their lives.
To provide an assessment and training to support students in higher or further education in orientation to/from and around campus with confidence and in safety.
Please use this link to access the NMH Mandatory Criteria for this role:
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• To provide a professional assessment of the campus location and carry out a time limited programme of training which allows the student to travel safely from one point to another.
• Develop, adapt and modify the training to continually meet the students’ individual goals and objectives.
• Liaise with the higher education institute regarding any necessary implementation of support required.
• Assist in identifying other related services for the student.
• Encourage and support independence at all times.
• Where applicable pass on the training plan to sighted guide staff who will be supporting on a daily basis.
• To represent Clarion in a professional manner, this includes adhering to our policies regarding confidentiality, safeguarding, and maintaining professional boundaries.
• To work closely with the Education Team regarding the needs of individual students, ensuring that any concerns are addressed in a timely manner.
• To communicate effectively with the Education team regarding the student’s attendance.
• To complete Individual Learning Plans documenting the student’s progress and goals. This is to be reviewed on a termly basis.
• To monitor the number of sessions delivered to ensure support is kept within the allocated DSA allowance.
• To keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date ensuring that they are in line with practices of a Professional Body membership.
• Add to your Continual Professional Development on a yearly basis.