Job Title: BSL/English Interpreter (RSLI)
Location: Predominantly remote but some face to face work may be required
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
Accountable to: Department Head
Contract Type: Permanent – Full-time staff member
Hours: Monday – Friday 37.5 hours a week
Applying: Applicants please contact Martin Barker, Operations Manager – Martin@clarion-uk.com
Deadline: 30th July 2021
About Clarion Interpreting Limited:
Clarion Interpreting Limited is empowering groups and individuals in commercial companies, courts, schools, universities, police stations, and hospitals plus many other organisations, institutions and local authorities both face to face and remotely. Our work is as diverse as those we work with.
We are looking to add to our exciting team of interpreters. We are looking to recruit two NRCPD/RBSLI Registered BSL Interpreters to predominantly do remote work but be flexible in their approach for the future. With over 19 years of sustained growth and new contracts securing significant business for many years to come, this is a great time to join our team.
• We are looking for interpreters to work on a variety of bookings.
• Experience of working in a legal environment would be advantageous. However support, training and supervision will be given if you are interested in working in the legal sector.
• An appetite for development in working with new and exciting technology.
• Undertake any other duties as may be required within the scope of the post and participate, as necessary, in corporate initiatives and projects.
• Provide coherent and comprehensive support facilitating clear and concise communication.
• A flexible approach to working hours is required.
• Manage admin effectively, i.e. processing timesheets correctly and in a timely manner.
• You will be expected to represent Clarion in a professional manner, this includes adhering to our policies regarding confidentiality and safeguarding.
• Keep up to date with new developments/issues within the field of communication support for Deaf and Hard of Hearing people.
• Adhere to your regulatory body code of conduct.
• Keen to thrive within a highly active and busy team.
As a Clarion employee, you will enjoy:
• A competitive starting salary depending on experience, with excellent opportunities to learn and develop.
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays.
• Private healthcare.
• A Company pension scheme.
• Continuing professional development – through training and professional supervisions.
• A work and personal development plan will be agreed to take into account those areas where the interpreter is most confident and happy to work, and those where they would like further development to meet their personal growth plans and the business needs.
• Support from the Clarion team.
• A genuine appreciation for a good work/life balance.
• Payment of NRCPD subscription and enhanced DBS fees.