We are looking for experienced Assistive Technology Trainers to join our education team on a freelance basis. This is a highly rewarding opportunity, giving students the support they need to reach their full potential and making a meaningful difference to their lives
Contract Type: Freelancer, Self-employed
Job Description: To provide training in assistive technology (Software and Hardware)
Mandatory Qualifications/Training: None specified
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• To deliver one-to-one sessions in line with the students’ Needs Assessment Report (NAR).
• To support the student in how to use specific software or hardware including but not limited to:
• Sonocent Audio Notetaker
• ClaroRead Plus v7
• Texthelp Read & Write
• Adapt teaching styles to provide AT training in a manner that is tailored to meet the needs of individual students.
• To represent Clarion in a professional manner, this includes adhering to our policies regarding confidentiality, safeguarding, and maintaining professional boundaries.
• To work closely with the Education Team regarding the needs of individual students, ensuring that any concerns are addressed in a timely manner.
• To communicate effectively with the Education team regarding the student’s attendance.
• To complete Individual Learning Plans documenting the student’s progress and goals. This is to be reviewed on a termly basis.
• To monitor the number of sessions delivered to ensure support is kept within the allocated DSA allowance.
• To keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date ensuring that they are in line with practices of a Professional Body membership.
• Add to your Continual Professional Development on a yearly basis.